Intergroup Meetings – The 1st Thursday Month at 6:30 pm.
The purpose of Intergroup is to help carry the message of Alcoholics Anonymous by Providing an office and answering service; Update and publish meeting schedules; Maintain an inventory of pamphlets, books, and tapes; Make a diligent effort to publish an intergroup newsletter; Establish and provide for intergroup committees.
Bylaws – Harrisburg Intergroup Bylaws
Contact: Diane H.
- Manages Central Office
Chairperson & Co-Chair
Contact: Kevin H.
- Preside at all Intergroup meetings, assuring compliance with AA traditions and Intergroup Bylaws;
- Set goals for committees
Co-Chair: Chelsea W.
- Assists the chairperson
Contact: Chris W.
- Accepts 7th Tradition money for intergroup, reimburses individuals for group expenses and reports monthly the credit and debit of Intergroup.
Contact: Rick H & Diane H & Joyce T
- Sells literature to Local AA Groups.
Contact: Ciera M.
- Records the minutes of each Intergroup meeting.
- Assists AA members who have a variety of challenges in accessing the AA message
Contact: Jose A. & Rod S.
- Manages the Harrisburg AA Website
- Keeps meeting list up to date
- Updates Events
Public InformationContact: Patrick M. & Katrina S.
- Carries the message of AA to hospitals, institutions, jails, and schools. Distributes literature and information to the general public.
Contact: District 36
- Chronicler of AA. Records history of local AA groups, events, and literature.
Institutions & Treatment CentersContact: Raige P.
- Treatment Centers:
- Carries the message and meetings to treatment centers.
- Meets at 7:30 pm the 2nd Thursday of every month at the Fellowship house.
- Provide local TCs and institutions with literature and educates professionals with information about what AA is and what AA is not.
- Institutions Committee needs involvement and speakers to carry the message to local rehabs and TCs.
ActivitiesContact: Norm S.
- Plans and outreaches intergroup events.
CorrectionsContact: Chalie B.
- Taking AA Mtgs into Dauphin Cty Men’s and Women’s Prison, Dauphin Cty Men’s and Women’s Work Release Centers, Perry Cty Prison, and SCI Camp Hill State Prison.
- This committee meets 4 to 6 times a year (every 8 to 10 weeks), at 19th Street (at the fellowship house) on the 2nd Thursday of every month at 7 pm.
- We work on planning our annual corrections workshop and review all facility AA programs.
- The corrections committee is made up of a Chair, Secretary, and Volunteer Leads from each facility.
Male Assistance is needed at the DC Men’s Prison.